Thanks to Richard Hay over at Windows Observer for this tip about a free eBook from Microsoft for kids to learn how to keep themselves safe on the Web.
From the dedication:
This book is dedicated to every teen who takes the time to learn about security and how to stay safe and be smart online. We also want to thank all of the teens joining this project and the teens who originally inspired this book. Eric and Douglas.
The authors, Linda McCarthy and Denise Weldon-Sivity, have written the book to help kids, newcomers and experienced, who are concerned about the following:
This book is designed for any teen who is:
– In fear of drive-by downloads of nasty adware, spyware, and viruses
– Anxious about scareware and ransomware
– Trying to stay safe on social networking sites
– Concerned about online predators and identity thieves
– Scattering secrets to the wind in favorite hot spots
– Shopping online without protection
– Unsure of the risks about webcams and sexting
– Dealing with cyberbullies at home or in school
– Blogging alone and in the dark
You can download your copy at Microsoft.
[Editor’s Note: Microsoft has a free eBook for kids about web safety is a post from: winextra –mrh]