Comparing database approaches is a religious thing so I have been looking at the different uses cases and solutions available. I’ll be reporting more on them here over the next few months. In the meantime I found a great post by the folks at Basho worthy of a highlight here on DevOpsANGLE.com.
On Basho’s wiki they compare Riak to the other competing choices and wanted to share it here.
The NoSQL space, as well as the database space in general, is growing ever-crowded. Because of this, we often find ourselves answering very high-level questions from developers, prospects, and customers along the lines of, “How does Riak compare to this database?” or “What is the main difference between your replication strategy and this NoSQL Database?”
Here is a brief and objective comparisons of Riak to other databases (the competition.
- Riak Compared to Cassandra
- Riak Compared to MongoDB
- Riak Compared to Neo4j
- Riak Compared to HBase
- Riak Compared to Couchbase
Latest posts by John Furrier (see all)
- Is Uber the next Webvan?Will Uber go bankrupt? - January 22, 2016
- Cloud wars: Oracle CEO Mark Hurd’s vision to gain cloud market share - January 20, 2016
- Oracle CEO Mark Hurd #CubeCards - January 20, 2016