Telerik has just announced the public availability of its Q1 2013 suite of .NET development tools, DevCraft. This latest release provides customers with support for Line of Business apps and much more. Telerik is adding a bevy of new .NET developer tools to its already robust collection of UI controls, productivity and reporting tools. These include, for example, RadPivotGrid with OLAP support, seamless integration between ASP .NET AJAX and SharePoint 2013, improved data management controls, charting and visualization controls, and unique HTML5 features for ASP .NET and front-end for MVC apps.
DevCraft comes with a bunch of new features like grid components and data visualizations for Windows, updated frameworks and data engines across the portfolio of tools and solutions as well as advances to Telerik’s free tools.
“Q1 2013 brings the developer experience to the next level. With each new iteration, we are advancing the feature set based on the feedback of our knowledgeable customers,” said Chris Sells, Vice President, Developer Tools, Telerik. “It is because of this close collaboration that we’re excited about features such as RadPivotGrid with OLAP support. We work hard to build what the market wants, every time, which has helped us build our reputation as a market leader for .NET developer tools and components.”
Telerik is a market-leading provider of end-to-end solutions for application development, automated testing, agile project management, reporting, and content management across all major Microsoft development platforms. It keeps on releasing new products and tools quite frequently that are helpful for most in the development domain and increase their productivity. And this new offering, DevCraft, is certainly going to prove helpful for the entire developer community.
Telerik is also adding some new tools with the Q1 release. Here are the latest inclusions:
• RadGrid for Windows 8 built from the ground up for Windows 8 touch environments and the Windows Store, enabling quick visualization, group, filter, sort and more of complex data in a light-weight, native and responsive UI.
• All ASP.NET AJAX controls now work seamlessly in SharePoint 2013 farm solutions. Additionally, Telerik put a new Persistence Framework for ASP.NET AJAX into beta that will allow persistent control settings between sessions. Several controls are now more responsive thanks to the newly introduced light rendering mode and the company also enhanced support for iOS6 and Windows 8 on touch devices.
• Simplified data management with the new OLAP support for PivotGrid for ASP.NET AJAX, WinForms and XAML, as well as .NET 4.5 Model Binding support for the AJAX Grid, ListView and TreeList controls.
• A codeless OLAP charting engine in Telerik Reporting for quick creation of any chart, including rose and sparkline.
• Unique HTML5 features for RadControls for ASP.NET and its Image Editor control provide drawing capabilities and new built-in filters (sepia, hue/saturation and gray scale).
• New WinForms PDFViewer control and improved ChartView with support for multiple axes, drill-up/down and smart labels.
• New Spreadsheet (CTP) control in Telerik’s XAML suites allow users to work with data directly in the application. The Silverlight and WPF suites also come with new BarcodeReader and TileList (Beta) controls, as well as improved touch support.
• JustCode improves its warnings and errors for faster and better programming, and adds first-class support for LESS. Telerik has also improved JustMock, which adds fully profiled automocking, and enhanced JustTrace with continuous profiling.