UPDATED 14:15 EDT / APRIL 09 2013

ServicesAngle News Briefs for April 9, 2013

EMC Delivers Technologies for MLBAM

MBL Advanced Media, L.P., the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, has implemented EMC technologies to support video streaming and e-commerce for baseball fans worldwide. The EMC systems have allowed MLBAM to improve the quality of video streaming and online experiences for fans looking to capture their favorite MLB baseball teams in action. More

HP Leads Workstation Industry with Solutions for Creative Professionals

Hewlett-Packard is showcasing its lineup of heavy-duty workstations at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show in Las Vegas. Earlier this week, the company announced that it has partnered with Fusion-io to integrate the Fusion ioFX storage tier into its award-winning line of HP Z Workstations.  Steve Wozniak, the co-founder of Apple and Fusion-io’s Chief Scientist, praised HP and its “incredible workstations” in a statement.  More

IBM To Open Cloud Lab For Wall Street Clients

IBM has announced that it will be opening a center of excellence in New York City to accelerate the adoption of open-source virtualization technologies in the financial services industry. The KVM Center of Excellence in New York is the second such training facility that IBM established in the past five months; the first was opened in Beijing last December. More

IBM Named Marketshare Leader in Application Infrastructure and Middleware Software for 12 Consecutive Years

On Monday, Gartner named IBM as the overall market leader in the application infrastructure and middleware segment.  The technology vendor retained its position for the twelfth year in a row with a market share of 30.9 percent, nearly double than of its closest competitor.  Gartner’s report lists IBM as the number one vendor in Business Process Management Suite (BPMS) software and a number of other growing and key areas, including security and data integration. More

Dell Empowers Youth with Technology Access, Support and Tools to Enhance Learning

Dell predicts that more than 250,000 students in 15 countries will be reached in 2013 through its Powering the Possible youth learning initiative. The company announced that it will host the Student Voice LIVE! summit on April 13 in New York to connect participates and allow their voices to be heard in the digital learning community. More

Domino’s Pizza, Xerox, Pedcor Use Microsoft Hyper-V, Private Cloud

Microsoft showed off companies using Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center to adapt to the changing needs of their businesses and customers at the Microsoft Management Summit. Domino’s Pizza has computerized nearly all aspects of store operations, from inventory, to order taking, to staff scheduling. Xerox India Development Center supports software development for customers worldwide. Pedcor Companies develops, builds, and manages housing communities , including construction of more than 17,000 apartment units in the United States. More

Cisco Videoscape Unity Brings New Video Experiences to NAB 2013

Cisco is featuring Cisco Videoscape Unity solutions combining the power of the network, cloud, and client, at NAB. These systems help Cisco’s media, broadcast, and service provider customers increase connections with audiences and address challenges associated with delivering video content to multiple screens. Cisco has a range of demonstrations at its booth, A113, Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall. More

PWC Survey FInds Business Transformation Exposing Companies to Multi-Directional Complexity & Risks

The PwC US Risk in Review report Global Risk in the Transformation Age”  shows that companies are concerned about growing external market risks as they transform their businesses to succeed in the fast-changing global environment. These changes in business direction add further complexity to the global risk landscape. Leading businesses are reinforcing their risk management in four strategic categories: resilience, people, technology, and next-generation risk analytics. More

Deloitte Survey Finds Organizations Aligning Shared Services Centers with Broader Business Strategy

Organizations see shared services centers as a value driver and are developing new value processes according to Deloitte’s 2013 Global Shared Services Survey. Nearly 100 percent of the 277 executives responding to the global survey believe that SSCs will continue to provide critical and high-value processes for their organizations. More

Rackspace Joins Magento Partner Program

Rackspace Hosting has entered the Magento Hosting Program as a platinum level partner. Rackspace and Magento. a division of X commerce, an eBay Inc. company,  will collaborate to serve both dedicated and open hybrid cloud customers with their fast-growing ecommerce platform. More

A message from John Furrier, co-founder of SiliconANGLE:

Your vote of support is important to us and it helps us keep the content FREE.

One click below supports our mission to provide free, deep, and relevant content.  

Join our community on YouTube

Join the community that includes more than 15,000 #CubeAlumni experts, including Amazon.com CEO Andy Jassy, Dell Technologies founder and CEO Michael Dell, Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger, and many more luminaries and experts.

“TheCUBE is an important partner to the industry. You guys really are a part of our events and we really appreciate you coming and I know people appreciate the content you create as well” – Andy Jassy

THANK YOU