Pentaho Corporation–a vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration, and predictive analytics–just announced its new innovation in Big Data integration in the form of a new adaptive big data layer. This adaptive big data layer supports Hadoop distributions from Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Intel; NoSQL databases Cassandra and MongoDB, and introduces support for Splunk.
In addition, Pentaho also introduced Pentaho Labs as an effort for innovating breakthrough big data-driven technologies in areas of predictive and real-time analytics. Pentaho Labs encourages seeding of new approaches and technologies that can over time be merged into the Pentaho roadmap based on market demand.
“The relatively breakneck speed at which big data analytics technology evolves as compared to the relational world is paralyzing many companies. The innovations we’re announcing today overcome this paralysis and allow companies to keep their big data technology options open, reduce risk and save considerable development time while taking advantage of the latest innovations in popular Big Data stores,” said Richard Daley, co-founder and chief strategy officer, Pentaho Corporation.
“The Pentaho adaptive big data layer increases productivity and reduces complexity by allowing developers working with big data to design for all data stores, big, specialized or traditional in the same way with the same tools. Allowing them to take advantage of new features and capabilities immediately as they enter the market,” he added.
Some of the capabilities added in the Adaptive Big Data Layer include:
- Hadoop distributions: Support for following Hadoop distributions: ClouderaCDH 4.1.2, 4.1.3, 4.2.0, 4.2.1; Intel’s IDH 2.3; Horton’s HDP 1.2.x and MapR 2.0.xand 2.1.x.
- NoSQL databases: Support for the latest features in MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Splunk: Allows allows reading and writing data to Splunk.
Latest posts by Isha Suri (see all)
- Zetta.net introduces cloud backup migration for Symantec Backup Exec - December 5, 2013
- Salesforce’s Dreamforce: Upcoming mobile hackathon offers $1 million prize - October 29, 2013
- Express Logic adds kernel awareness of the ThreadX RTOS in ARM DS-5 tools - October 28, 2013