We had an excellent CrowdChat today hosted by @jeffreyfkelly, sponsored by EMC Corporation. It was a preview to our event next week in San Jose that coincides with Strataconf, Hadoopworld and #BigDataWeek.
@furrier won the CrowdCaptain award with his setup question on his VC panel next week. He simply asked “what questions should I ask Ping Li Accel, Frank Artale Ingition, and Jonathan Heiliger Vertex?” The thread captured 64 votes.
There was also some interesting discussion around the following:
- What’s happening next week Strataconf, HadoopWorld and #BigDataWeek?
- Jeff Kelly asked the crowd “What to do with all the data in the Data Lake?”
- What about IoT and existing software players?
- What about the intersection of cloud and Big Data?
In this regard, @lonnej (Lonne Jaffe) – one of the key drivers we’re seeing for adoption of our AWS based Hadoop product is that a lot of data is being *generated* in the cloud, and people don’t want to have to move it on premise to do processing and analytics…
- Of course, the always provocative @ab_hi_ (Abhishek Mehta) chimed in with some contrarian opinions.
Check out the transcript from the CrowdChat…
Latest posts by Dave Vellante (see all)
- IBM InterConnect Conference Live Stream #IBMInterConnect - February 23, 2015
- #BigDataSV CrowdChat: Follow the Money - February 11, 2015
- The GE Pivotal Announcement: Rewriting the Rules of Big Data and Internet of Things - April 24, 2013