President Obama in Silicon Valley Meeting With Tech Leaders
LA Times is reporting the official list of attendees for the big Obama visit to california. According to a White House official: “The meeting is a part of our ongoing dialogue with the business community on how we can work together to win the future, strengthen our economy, support entrepreneurship, increasing our exports, and get the American people back to work. The President and the business leaders will discuss our shared goal of promoting American innovation, and discuss his commitment to new investments in research and development, education and clean energy.”
Here’s the official list of attendees of Thursday evening’s meeting of technology industry chiefs with President Obama in San Francisco. It includes many of Silicon Valley’s biggest names.
- John Doerr, partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Carol Bartz, president and CEO, Yahoo!
- John Chambers, CEO and chairman, Cisco Systems
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO, Oracle
- Reed Hastings, CEO, NetFlix
- John Hennessy, president, Stanford University
- Steve Jobs, chairman and CEO, Apple
- Art Levinson, chairman and former CEO, Genentech
- Eric Schmidt, chairman and CEO, Google
- Steve Westly, managing partner and founder, Westly Group
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder, president and CEO, Facebook
I would like to share my advice with President Obama (since I can’t make the meeting given I have to take my son to his first Sharks game).
Open video for Obama, the younger generation, and the elite industry gurus to pay attention and listen to:
A message from John Furrier, co-founder of SiliconANGLE:
Show your support for our mission by joining our Cube Club and Cube Event Community of experts. Join the community that includes Amazon Web Services and Amazon.com CEO Andy Jassy, Dell Technologies founder and CEO Michael Dell, Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger and many more luminaries and experts.
We really want to hear from you, and we’re looking forward to seeing you at the event and in theCUBE Club.