Following the initial success of releasing a browser extension, Are You Watching This?!, a service that alerts you whenever a sporting event gets hot and you should tune in, decided to go all-out with a full HTML5 web app that innovates in both raw functionality and its user interface. This app will be available for Chrome browsers. It’s like a mash-up of Pandora, NFL RedZone channel for all sports and Google Alerts.
The company believes that sports tech will be a defining trend this year. An upgrade of their service, which includes a customizable dashboard with a slick, at-a-glance interface like Tweetdeck, act perfectly for the sports service. And they don’t just provide half-time score alerts, but personalized recommendations for viewing, fueled by some very sophisticated data, and machine-learning as well. At the moment, the app offers:
· Most importantly, the core RUWT? algorithms which analyze and track every game and identify the hot + epic ones
· Customizable daily scoreboard
· Videos from ESPN3, MLB.com, YouTube and more
· Personalized TV lineups for the day’s games so you know exactly what channel number you need to turn to
· Game times and schedules automatically adjusted for your timezone, no matter where in the world you are
There will also be several other upcoming features such as Offline access, full game schedules with up to date information including delayed starts, double-header, home vs. away etc., as well as TV airings which provides particular channel numbers and start time of everything on TV.
“We know there’s been a lot of chatter recently about the Chrome store and paid apps and whether or not it’s going to make it, but in our case we really felt like this App makes sense — RUWT? is the kind of use case that the Chrome Store was built for,” said a company representative.