Telerik has been quite prompt and focused on providing updates to its software applications, and that’s the reason that we have been always hearing about new updates from this provider of end-to-end software application, life-cycle and content management solutions. Recently, it announced the latest release of its Test Studio that now provides support for Windows 8 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2012. As part of the new release, Telerik has advanced Test Studio’s load and functional testing capabilities with features including goal setting, results analysis, automatic browser configuration and more.
“With our latest release we’re living up to our promise to deliver a robust testing solution that is simplified and has the user experience in mind – offering capabilities such as browser configuration assistance and visual data-binding as well as the ability to better analyze the results of load tests, set goals, monitor performance and integrate with Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012 environments,” said Christopher Eyhorn, executive vice president, Testing Tools Division, Telerik.
Besides above, some of the newly added features in this release include following:
• Full test recording and execution support on Windows 8 – Test Studio can be installed and fully operational in Windows 8 environments
• Support for Internet Explorer 10 – Testing, recording, playback and execution done within the browser
• Seamless integration with Visual Studio 2012 development environments – already shipping with a Visual Studio plugin, with this release Telerik also adds support for VS 2012
• Goal Setting: The ability to add specific thresholds in metrics such as response times and HTTP errors. Load test runs will pass/fail as appropriate when goals are hit
• Visual Data Binding of Find Expressions: Allows customers to data drive the find logic for their test element locators thus helping them save time and efforts on tedious, repetitive tasks.
• Automatic Browser Configuration: Users at a glance can ensure all their browsers are properly configured for automation using an easy to use wizard.
Not too late, Telerik announced full support for the MS Visual Studio 2012 and revealed that it has moved swiftly and in lockstep with Microsoft, updating its developer tools portfolio to offer full support of the IDE for .NET developers, giving them the ability to build apps on Microsoft’s most modern platforms and devices. Besides supporting MS Visual Studio 2012, Telerik developer tools will remain integrated and fully compatible with all previous versions of Visual Studio. With this development, Telerik not only served the developers with what they need, but also enabled them to be strategically prepared to seize new opportunities with Windows 8 and RT, and enhance their productivity.