Today, we are releasing our second report on Software Defined Networking or SDN.
SDN Social Analytics – Key Findings
Business value in the enterprise data center over the next decade will increasingly come from software function running on top of standardized hardware not specialized, purpose-built systems. While this trend has been in play for the past five years, what’s different and disruptive is a move toward unified metadata management that will drive new levels of productivity in the enterprise. Specifically, we envision a top down data management approach that brings together previously disparate sets of metadata across server, storage and networking infrastructure.
The emphasis of this “Software-led” approach is on software integration that manages the operations of different data center technologies, promotes and employs standards and leverages common protocols, APIs, languages and definitions. This capability will enable application portability, dynamic data placement and automation within and between data centers. The end game is infrastructure that is optimized for speed, availability, efficiency and productivity.
These are the findings of exclusive real-time research initiated by SiliconANGLE and Wikibon. Our research, editorial and data science teams have been exploring these “realtime” vertical market mega-trends generally with a specific emphasis on Software Defined Networking.
TrendConnect Vertical Social Data Analytics
This free report provides up to the minute look at the audience that makes up the Software Defined Networking market on Twitter. This new offering is part of SiliconANGLE Wikibon.org’s data service, currently in Beta, called TrendConnect.
The TrendConnect offering is the combination of SiliconANGLE.com’s editorial real time
audience data combined with Wikibon.org’s deep authoritative research to yield insights into verticals.
Editors Note: Current available verticals are Big Data and Software-led Infrastructure.
Software-defined Networking or SDN is a subset of Software-led Infrastructure. It is a new disruptive megatrend that leads directly to the Datacenter of the future. It’s the datacenter or software defined datacenter that is undergoing a major transformation. SiliconANGLE and Wikibon are covering SDN “like a blanket” today and into the future.
Vertical Social Analytics – A First for Social Analytics on Twitter We are pleased to share this exclusive report on SDN. This data has never been seen before in this format for Twitter. We have been using this data for SiliconANGLE and Wikibon as panel data for our research and publishing activities.
Our team believes that Social Analytics should be available to everyone so we are sharing it here (see below).
This report summarizes the social data on Twitter for the past quarter (3 months). Highlights: SDN Vertical Data Audience Data Sample Size:
- Number of SiliconANGLE Members: 8,279
- Number “IT Professionals: 1,029
- “Reach” – Total Number Followers: 33,841,044
- Tweets around verticals typically produce a “long tail” effect
- The top 10 topics account for almost two-thirds of all topics
- Over time, new interest areas will emerge and the order of topics will change to help identify new industry trends or changes in the market
- Not surprisingly, references to SDN and (especially) products such as Nicira and Openflow dominate the early market social media conversation.
- SDN is also frequently discussed as part of a broader virtualization conversation.
- Conversation of interest differ significantly by type of member
- IT Professionals tend to have very different conversations relative to the rest of the industry, at the moment focused on network virtualization. Overall, the discussion of SDN gets a lot of pull through from general virtualization conversations
- Conversations are also very time sensitive: Conferences such as VMWorld tend to drive a different conversation (end of August) and in this case really sparked conversations and messaging around Nicira amount IT Professionals
Top Demographics On Audience Panel in SDN Vertical
- SW Developer
Psychographics / Descriptors
What Does This Mean For Businesses – Stay Tuned
TrendConnect demonstrates the power and value of social data analytics and Twitter while making it easier for businesses to extract insights. Stay tuned on how to use this kind of data to capture business value while satisfying customers – “we have an app for that” coming in early 2013. For more information on TrendConnect contact John Furrier – @Furrier on Twitter.
Below is the free report from our real time proprietary SDN vertical data.
Latest posts by John Furrier (see all)
- A Black Eye on Black Friday: Outages & Data Loss Looming for Retailers - November 24, 2015
- Exclusive Video Story: EMC B2B marketing success formula: Be fun, social and data driven - November 10, 2015
- Security is broken – Opportunities for startup and established players - November 10, 2015