When people and mobile gadgets become inseparable, a good part of the day becomes technology-dependent—and this scenario turns into something prevalent across the globe. There are disadvantages and benefits that we can draw out from having countless of apps to live with every single day. Concentrating on the affirmative side, you might be surprised as to how your unnoticed apps can be of great use.
- Apps as for treating autism: A neural disorder popularly known as autism is now aided by technology to employ treatment on patients. Together with Autism Speaks, a US advocacy group will team up with Hewlett Packard to develop series of touch screen apps for the said ailment.
- Apps for parenting: Two apps that are potentially useful to parents in looking after their kids are RedRover and Baby Connect. The former takes care of the organization of your personal time with your little ones like setting up of play dates, while the latter deals with child development physically and emotionally.
- Apps as mosquito repellent: Funny, but your mobile phone app could just protect you from mosquitos that through sonic or different sounds produced. Named as Sea’s Garden, this app is a good alternative to lotions, air sprays and candles to keep away insects. It actually uses high frequency noise that are inaudible to human, but destructive to mosquitoes.
- Apps as virtual art museums: thousands of works of art at your fingertips—this is what you will experience with Google’s Art Project. This avenue that showcases variety of a thousand art pieces from famous artists in fine details. Amid Soot, the creator of this virtual museum talks about the his project more one Ted.com.
- Apps to be a Math Whiz: Hone you math skills with iPhone app’s Geometry Pro. This one particularly focuses on a certain field in the subject and provides problem solving cases for you to answer.
Almost all apps created today are already targeting daily practical usage. However, these are overshadowed by the biggies in developing, employing and rolling out larger-than-life apps. It’s important to sometimes remember the benefits of mobile apps beyond their regular use cases, as innovation and technology can deliver us something unusual and breathtaking.