It came down to the myriad of products, services, partners, user groups, channels – the list goes on.
This year I thought why not use this time before VMworld to look at the VMware ecosystem? SiliconAngle will be there in force, anyways. And I’ve written more about virtualization in the past year than perhaps any other topic.
So, that’s what we are going to do. Here’s ten topics we plan to cover:
- VMware’s Biggest Threats and Opportunities
- The Hypervisor – how is its role changing?
- Storage Virtualization: Vendors to Watch
- Mobile Virtualization for the Smartphone and the Tablet
- The Emerging Platform Market
- Mongo DB and Other Non-Traditional VMware Partners
- The Top of the Stack: How Socialcast and Mozy Fit With VMware
- New Data, Old Systems and the Evolving Role of Virtualization
- The VMworld Services Ecosystems
- Desktop Virtualization in a Post-PC Era
VMware has an extensive services ecosystem. In all of these posts we will examine the role played by new and traditional services providers.
Have a story you’d like to see covered in the lead up to VMware? Contact me @alexwilliams, here in the comments or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Alex Williams (see all)
- Google I/O Essentials for the CIO - June 30, 2012
- Amazon Web Services Faces Another Outage and the Critics Go Wild - June 30, 2012
- The Launch List: The Partners Aligning with Google Compute Engine - June 28, 2012