#TheCUBE at Oracle OpenWorld 2011
SiliconANGLE presents #TheCube, broadcasting live from Oracle OpenWorld at the Moscone Center, San Francisco. Join us for in-depth analysis brought to you by the SiliconANGLE/Wikibon team. Full coverage will air from 10:30AM PT – 4PM PT – Monday through Wednesday (October 3 – 5).
Where to watch: LIVE broadcast on SiliconANGLE.tv (replays of all videos will be made available on this site – never any registration required).
Keep an eye on #thecube hashtag to stay abreast of the videos that we post and conversations around the event. Follow the Wikibon Twitter profile for updates on coverage, speakers, and breaking news from Oracle Openworld 2011.
Tune in for numerous informative spotlights, including:
- The HP Oracle War: Silicon Valley Inside Baseball
- With Friends Like Oracle Who Needs Enemies?
- Is Oracle your future or a boat anchor?
- Is NoSQL a threat to Oracle’s core franchise?
- Oracle performance: How far is Ellison stretching the truth?
- Does Oracle think Cloud is “snake oil?”
- Benioff says Oracle is faking the cloud – is he right?
- How far can VMware customers take Oracle?
- Is Oracle throwing open source under the bus?
- What is Oracle’s Mobile Strategy?
- The future of flash in Oracle database environments
- What’s Oracle’s answer to SAP HANA?
- What’s new in Oracle backup and recovery?
- The future of Intel in the Oracle enterprise
Oracle kicked up its war of words with HP and Autonomy to a new level when it published the slide decks Autonomy presented to Oracle when it was selling itself.
Larry Ellison – What The Hell Is Cloud Computing?
In preparation for Larry Ellison’s talk on Sunday evening, focused solely on cloud computing, here is Ellison’s famous rant on cloud computing as being excessive “gibberish” improperly applied to existing technologies.
Additional Resources from #TheCube Team
- Message to Meg Whitman: How to Boost Public Confidence in HP in 3 Strategic Steps
- Oracle Negotiation Myths and Understanding Virtualization Adoption in Oracle Shops
- Oracle/Pillar: You may not love the technology, but you can’t hate the deal
- Oracle and VMware: Peas in a Pod or Oil and Water
- Big Data Update: Your Data Warehouse is Not a Dinosaur
- No Hadoop – Oracle Announces Appliance for Small Business Market
What is #theCube?
Don’t forget that the entire Oracle OpenWorld 2011 Broadcast can be found here and here. Check out the video below to learn more about #TheCube Wikibon and SiliconANGLE’s collaborative effort to bring out the best in enterprise news, analysis and research.
Since you’re here …
Show your support for our mission with our one-click subscription to our YouTube channel (below). The more subscribers we have, the more YouTube will suggest relevant enterprise and emerging technology content to you. Thanks!
Support our mission: >>>>>> SUBSCRIBE NOW >>>>>> to our YouTube channel.
… We’d also like to tell you about our mission and how you can help us fulfill it. SiliconANGLE Media Inc.’s business model is based on the intrinsic value of the content, not advertising. Unlike many online publications, we don’t have a paywall or run banner advertising, because we want to keep our journalism open, without influence or the need to chase traffic.The journalism, reporting and commentary on SiliconANGLE — along with live, unscripted video from our Silicon Valley studio and globe-trotting video teams at theCUBE — take a lot of hard work, time and money. Keeping the quality high requires the support of sponsors who are aligned with our vision of ad-free journalism content.